Many students all around the world aspire to study in Germany. Achieving a German scholarship for a higher degree, such as a bachelor’s, master’s, diploma, or Ph.D., is a great way to ensure a brighter future. We have some exciting news for you! The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung offers fully paid scholarships to both German and international students all around the world. So, without waiting any more, read on for further information and guidelines regarding Friedrich Ebert Stiftung German Scholarships.
Every year, the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung awards 40 scholarships. Students from all academic subjects are welcome to apply, and they can come from any educational background. Because of Covid-19, there are a limited number of individuals applying, this is the best chance to secure a German scholarship.
Eligible Continents for Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship Program
The continents that are eligible for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship program are:
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
Eligibility Criteria for Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship Program
To apply for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship program, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- It is necessary to be fluent in both English and German. Although the classes are delivered in English, sufficient understanding of German is required. This requires a DSH level 2 ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für dem Hochschulzugang,’ a DSH level 4 ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache,’ or a Goethe Institute’s ‘Zertifikat C 1’.
- The aptitudes and personalities of the candidates show great potential for a successful academic or professional career.
- Admission to a German state or state-recognized higher-education institution or enrolling there.
- Candidates must have a commitment to social democratic ideals.
- Above-average academic and research performance.
Friedrich Ebert Stiftung is looking for students who possess the following personality traits. Make sure you have these characteristics in your personality.
- Political considerations
- a desire for knowledge
- Tolerance and openness are virtues.
- Getting to Know Your Team
- Self-reflection critical ability
Where To Apply
Visit the official website to learn more about Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships. All requirements will be submitted through an online application form.
Step By Step Application Procedure for Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship Program:
- Complete the online application form. A few questions about your career and familial history will be asked of you; no other paperwork is required.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, we will want two expert reports from university lecturers, as well as information on your past education and political involvement. First-year students (not master’s students) are required to submit two reports from past professors during their first semester.
- If you are selected, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung would want to see you in person. We invite you to two meetings: one with your department’s liaison professor and the other with a member of our selection committee
- The final call on acceptance into one of the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarshipprograms is made by the selection committee.
Perks And Benefits of Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship Program
The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) offers the following incentives to winners of German scholarships:
- A monthly stipend of EUR 750 is granted in a Bachelor’s, Diploma, Master’s, or state examination program.
- A monthly stipend of EUR 850 for master’s students.
- The cost of health insurance is paid, and scholars with children receive a EUR 276 family stipend.
- Scholarships are not required to be repaid.
The deadline to submit an application for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships 2022 is November 30, 2021/May 31, 2022.
Take advantage of this as soon as possible. If you are qualified and eligible for the German scholarship, do not lose out on this opportunity.