The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is an exchange program offered by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State, and sponsored by the International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX). This exchange program provides great opportunities to underprivileged students wishing to study a semester at esteemed universities of the United States. Applicants who qualify for the program get to experience amazing opportunities to enroll in top educational institutions as well as to enhance their skills for professional life. The Ugrad exchange program offers non-degree courses for undergraduate levels, which are selected according to the students’ current curriculum, by their respective exchange institutions in the US.
The Global Ugrad Exchange Program Pakistan, for the academic year 2022 is open for applications! The program offers Pakistanis a chance to study for one semester of 4 to 5 months at one of the top Universities in the US free of cost. Around 230 students are selected for the program annually, including the spring and fall semesters.
The Ugrad Global Exchange Program covers:
- Full Tuition fees of the course
- Travel costs
- Living costs
- Health Insurance
- Maintenance Allowances
- Allowance for study material
What are the eligibility criteria for applying to the Ugrad Global Exchange Program for Pakistan 2022?
The eligibility criteria for applying to the exchange program is as follows:
- The applicant’s nationality should be Pakistani.
- Applicants aged 25 years or younger can apply.
- The applicant should know basic English skills like speaking, reading, and writing.
- Only those enrolled in an undergraduate program in their own countries are eligible to apply.
- After the completion of the program, the applicant must intend to return to his/her home university and complete his/her education.
- The applicant is preferred to have a good academic background with an interest in community activities as well as extracurriculars.
- The program prefers those applicants who have never had the opportunity to travel abroad before either for academic reasons or any other reason.
- The applicant should have good communication skills and strong leadership qualities.
You would also like to read more about the following scholarships:
How can I apply to the Ugrad Global Exchange Program for Pakistan 2022?
Before applying it is necessary to go through the eligibility criteria to make sure you are eligible to apply for the program. The steps for applying to the Ugrad Exchange program are:
- Look up the official website for the Ugrad Global Exchange Program.
- Create an account for applying online.
- Follow the guidelines provided on the official website for the application process.
- Fill in all necessary information and re-check before submitting the form to make sure all information is correct.
- Attach scanned copies of all the required documents with the application form.
The documents required for applying to the Ugrad exchange program are:
- Copies of transcripts
- Achievement Certificates
When is the Application Deadline?
The applications for the Ugrad Global Exchange Program for Pakistan for the academic year 2022 end on April 28, 2022, so make sure you apply as quickly as possible.