UK Student Visa Success Rate in India 2024
UK universities, renowned globally for education and work opportunities, attract thousands of student visa applications from India annually for every intake. In 2024, they approved most of these applications, boasting an impressive 95% UK Student visa success rate in 2024.
Explore Belgium’s Student Visa Success Rate to compare the success rates and nuances of the application process between the UK and Belgium.
For a broader perspective on studying abroad, delve into our comprehensive Swiss Student Visa Guide.
Reports from 2022-23 indicate a rejection rate slightly exceeding 3% for UK student visa applications from India. The consistently low rejection rate underscores the widespread appeal of UK education for Indian students.
Are you looking for scholarship opportunities in the United States? Check out the latest offerings, including the University of Buffalo Scholarships for 2024
“The UK student visa success rate 2024 in India is 95%.”
To enhance their chances of visa approval, applicants must be aware of the student visa requirements and meticulously prepare the necessary documents. Additionally, a well-prepared application ensures a smooth process when applying to a UK university.
UK student visa applications from India
Notably, the recent surge in UK student visa applications from India is remarkable. According to the latest report, 142,848 study visas were granted to Indian students, indicating a substantial 54% increase from the previous year.
For Indian students seeking diverse study options, consider the opportunities available in Switzerland. Explore the unique aspects of studying in Switzerland in our guide on Switzerland for Indian Students.
Indian students accounted for 42% of the Graduate Route extensions granted to students who completed their studies, allowing them to stay in the UK. On average, 20,000-30,000 UK student visa applications are submitted daily by Indian students aspiring to study at UK universities.
Importantly, students applying for Tier 4 visas can pursue part-time jobs in the UK. Suppose their college is recognized as a higher institution. In that case, per visa guidelines, they can work up to 20 hours per week on their Tier 4 study visa, with the added flexibility to work full-time during summer breaks. This article will guide you on the UK student visa success rate in India 2024.
UK student visa requirements
- Details of passport
- ATAS Certificate (if required for your nationality and course)
- Official academic records or certificates
- Exam results for English proficiency tests such as TOEFL, GMAT, IELTS, etc.
- Tuberculosis test results
- Criminal record certificate
- Proof of financial sufficiency that you have enough funds for your entire stay in the UK.
- Parents or legal guardian letters if you are under 18.
- Recent passport-size photograph
How do you Apply for a Student Visa in the UK?
- To obtain a Biometric Residence Permit, you must enroll for biometrics at a Visa Application Center.
- Complete an Online Application Form: UK Student Visa application form PDF.
- Submit a Tuberculosis Certificate with a “negative” result.
- Pay the Visa Processing Fee of 51,550 INR.
- Undertake an interview.
UK student visa Processing time
The waiting time for UK Student Visa decisions begins when applicants attend the scheduled interview, provide biometric information at the visa application center, or confirm their identity through UK Immigration. Additionally, for individuals intending to work or study in the UK, deciding on a student visa or work visa application typically takes three weeks after the interview.
If you’re considering study destinations beyond the UK, explore the success rates for student visas in Norway. Learn more about the application process and requirements in our detailed guide on Norway Student Visa Success Rate.
However, despite the decision waiting time for the England Student Visa for short-term study purposes also being three weeks, processing may currently take up to four weeks.
Priority services are available, providing a decision within five days after the interview or super priority service for next-day collection, both incurring an additional fee.
1. Collection within 24 hours: 1.05 lakhs INR
2. Collection within five days: 52,600 INR
Therefore, It is advised to wait to make travel arrangements before the application decision, as a refund is only possible if the visa application center still needs to process the application.
Note: Priority services for UK Student Visas are available in limited countries, including India.
Fees for UK Student Visa
Candidates applying for a Tier 4 UK student visa from outside the UK must pay a fee of 490 EUR. For Indian students, the UK student visa fee is 51,550 INR. In addition to the visa application fees, applicants must pay the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge.
UK Student Visa: Validity & Extension
How long you can stay in the UK depends on the kind of program chosen. If you’re 18 or older and studying at a university level, you can usually stay for up to 5 years. If your study is below the university level, you can stay for up to 2 years.
The UKVI allows students to extend their Tier 4 visa if they require additional time to complete their course or begin a new one. To be eligible for a UK student visa extension, students need to:
– be present in the UK at the time of application
– Meet the eligibility criteria for a Tier 4 visa
– have a sponsor to finance their complete or partial studies. The sponsor can be:
– a Tier 4 Sponsor UK University
– an overseas provider
– an independent school.
In order to apply for a visa extension, students need to fill out an online application before their visa expires, but at least three months prior to the start of their course as stated on the CAS. It’s important to note that there are additional charges associated with extending a UK study visa.
- 490 GBP (51,550 INR) for extension
- Immigration health surcharge of 470 GBP (49,450 INR) per year
- Biometric verification: No Fee as of now.
UK Student Visa: Rejection Reasons & How to Avoid Them
A successful UK visa application is not a matter of luck but the result of good preparation. Being well-prepared in advance is crucial to avoid rejection. Some primary reasons why your UK student visa may face rejection include:
- Applicants must thoroughly review the visa policy guidance and ensure they have all necessary documents.
- Every document provided must be original.
- Applicants should include an explanation letter if any original document cannot be provided.
Failure to Meet Financial Requirements
- Each student must be able to cover their study and living expenses, amounting to 1,334 GBP (1.4 lakhs INR) per month.
- This financial proof needs to be presented for the entire duration of the course.
Incorrect Document Format
- Documents must be provided in the specified format.
- Translated documents should include the translator’s date, name, signature, and contact details.
Genuine Student Interview
- During the interview, interviewers actively question applicants about their chosen courses and plans. Subsequently, students must articulate their thoughts clearly and convincingly to demonstrate the validity of their choice to study in the UK.
In conclusion, obtaining a UK student visa is not a matter of chance but a result of meticulous preparation. Consequently, applicants must address common reasons for visa rejection to enhance the likelihood of a successful application. Ensuring all documents are in order, meeting financial requirements, presenting documents in the correct format, and performing well in the genuine student interview are critical elements for a successful application.
If Germany is on your radar, discover the success rate of student visas for Indian applicants. Our guide on Germany Student Visa Success Rate India provides valuable insights into the application process