Gates Cambridge Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The Gates Cambridge Scholarships for international students is an excellent opportunity for students who want to study Ph.D. and Master’s at Cambridge University. It was established in the year 2000 by a donation from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge, and it was the largest-ever single donation to Cambridge University. The scholarship is awarded to highly ambitious and committed students worldwide to study postgraduate degrees at Cambridge University.
Read Also: Find the Best Scholarships in Hungary
Read More: Karlstad University Global Scholarship 2024
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the total cost of studying at the University of Cambridge, including additional discretionary funding. Every year, 90 scholarships are awarded to outstanding scholars from all over the world by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The Maximum duration will be 2 Years, whereas for Gates Ph.D. Scholarship up to 4 Years.
Applications for the academic year 2024-2025 will be open again in September 2023 for the students who want to study Postgraduate programs at Cambridge University. If you dream of studying abroad, you must apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2024-2025, as it is one of the best opportunities to pursue your postgraduate degrees in the UK.
Read Also: Foreign Government Fully Funded Scholarship
About The Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2024-2025
Country name: USA, United Kingdom
Open To: All countries other than the UK.
University: Cambridge University
No Of Scholarships: 90 Scholarships
Degree: Master’s and Ph.D.
Funding: Fully Funded.
Sponsored by: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Read More: Fully Funded Murdoch University Scholarships
Eligibility Criteria for Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- Applicants must be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applicants must have a first-class or high second-class Bachelor’s degree to apply for the Master’s degree program.
- Applicants must have a first-class or high second-class Master’s degree to apply for Ph.D.
- Applicants must have the necessary documents, such as transcripts, references, and experience for their academic ability.
- Applicants must provide their English Language Proficiency certificate.
- Applicants must be able to prove solid reasons for the choice of the program at Cambridge University.
- Applicants must prove that they have outstanding leadership potential and can contribute to improving the lives of others.
Read More: Apply for Lithuanian State Scholarships
Required Documents For Gates Cambridge Scholarships
Here is the list of the Documents required for Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
- Online Application
- Gates Cambridge Statement
- Gates Cambridge reference
- Research proposal (P
- Ph.D. applicants only)
Eligible Courses For Gates Cambridge Scholarships :
Below is the list of eligible courses for The Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2024
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Biological Sciences
- Engineering (All Fields)
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Clinical Medicine
- School of Technology
- Bio logical
- Islamic Studies
- Institutions independent of any School
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Islamic Studies
Not Eligible Courses For Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
The list of courses that are not eligible for Gates Scholarships.
- Master of Finance
- Business Doctorate
- Master of Business
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Undergraduate degrees such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Gates Cambridge Scholarships will cover your entire cost of studying. It also provides additional discretionary funding.
Read More: Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program 2024
- University Composition Fee
- A Maintenance allowance for a single student ( £17,500 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate)- for Ph.D. scholars, the award is for up to 4 years.
- One Economy Airfare Ticket at both the beginning and end of the course.
- Inbound Visa Costs and the Cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic Development Funding: From £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course and to attend conferences.
- Family Allowance: Up to £11,604 for a first child and up to £16,548 for a second child. No funding is given for a partner.
- Maternity Paternity Funding
- Field Work: You may apply to keep up to your regular maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your project.
- Hardship Funding: for unseen difficulties
For entry in the academic year 2023-2024, the applications will be open in September 2023.
Read Also: EINSTEIN FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM 2024
US Citizens and Residents in the USA
- Applications open: 04 September 2023
- Application deadline: 11 October 2023
- Application outcome: by Monday, 11 December 2023
- Review and Selection: Friday, 26 January, and Saturday, 27 January 2024.
- Scholarships offered: by 02 February 2023
- Scholarships acceptance: 72 hours after the offer.
Eligible Applicants besides US Citizens
- Applications open: 04 September 2023
- Application deadline: either 5 December 2023 or 4 January 2024 (depending on your course)
- Application outcome: By Monday, 4 March 2024
- Review and Selection: Monday, 25
- March 2024 and Tuesday 26 March 2024.
- Scholarships offered: by Friday, 29 March
- Scholarships accepted: 72 hours after the offer.
Read More: Latest CERN Visa Sponsorship Jobs
How to apply?
The application process for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship is entirely online, but before applying, you should comprehensively research your course requirements, necessary documents, and deadlines.
- After selecting your course in the course directory, submit your application through the Application portal.
- While applying to Gates Ph.D. Scholarship, discuss your research project with a reputable supervisor. Follow these steps to find a reputed supervisor.
- Choose a program from the Course Directory.
- Find the “Key Information” section on the program’s webpage and click on the course on the Department Website.
- On the menu, click on a link named “CDT Board,” “Contact,” or “Academic Team” (it is different for the program); you’ll find the email address of a supervisor you can contact.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for a 20-25-minute interview, either in person or through Skype.
Read Also: Belgium student visa success rate
Read Also: International universities in Switzerland