The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is a government-funded program that promotes Malaysia as a center of academic excellence and attracts top foreign talent to pursue postgraduate studies there. This award is available to students from around the world who have excellent academic records and meet eligibility conditions, including English proficiency. The MIS allows participants to pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Master’s or Ph.D.) in chosen fields of study at Malaysian universities, with tuition, living expenses, and other allowances covered.
The MIS aims to establish a global community of academics and researchers contributing to Malaysia’s academic landscape while promoting mutual understanding and cooperation between Malaysia and their home countries. Malaysia wants to emerge as a global center of academic achievement while keeping this human capital by attracting talented individuals from varied origins.
You might be interested in going through a list of top Canadian Scholarships.
Since you must have gotten a basic idea about Malaysia International Scholarship, here are the other things you need to know to apply for this scholarship.
- Benefits of the Malaysian International Scholarship Program
- Steps to Apply such as document requirements etc.
- Deadline for this scholarship program
Eligibility Criteria for Malaysia International Scholarship
The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicants must be under the age of 45 at the time of application.
- Master’s degree candidates must have a least of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at the Bachelor’s Degree level. In contrast, Ph.D. candidates must have a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 or a very high result at Master’s degree level in a similar field of desired Ph.D. research.
- Applicants for postdoctoral programs will be considered based on their publications, portfolio, patents, and outstanding research reputation.
- Applicants must have taken an English Language Proficiency Test, such as IELTS or TOEFL, and received minimal score criteria.
- Applicants must submit a research proposal.
- Applicants must have applied for admission to Malaysian universities for postgraduate or postdoctoral study, with a conditional offer letter or confirmation of acceptance or affiliation accepted at the time of application.
You may like to give read to fully funded UK Exchange Program
Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) includes the following benefits:
- Air tickets from the recipient’s home country to Malaysia.
- Tuition fees that have been approved at the time of receiving the offer letter
- Allowance for monthly maintenance.
- Health and medical insurance.
- Grant for installation and termination.
- Thesis funding (will be paid at the start of research (after proposal defense), and the balance will be paid only upon thesis submission) – Only for Ph.D. and Postdoctoral candidates.
- A conference travel award and a journal publication grant (only for Ph.D. and Postdoctoral students).
The Malaysian government maintains the right to review the value of awards at any time (and if such modifications are made, the amount of the scholarship will be amended, and the effective date will be communicated to successful candidates).
How To Apply
Follow the below steps to apply for the Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS),
Download the APU Postgraduate Application Form and submit it along with the required supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp/Viber at +60123048084 to apply for a postgraduate program at Asia Pacific University (APU) in Malaysia through the Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS). You should get a response back within 24 hours. Please fill out the online application form entirely before printing it, then register your passport number or national identification number, password, and email address through the Ministry of Higher Education’s online site.
Attach a recent passport photo, academic transcript, English proficiency certificate, admission letter, study/research plan, and Curriculum Vitae to the printed online application form. Obtain an endorsement by submitting the completed letters of recommendation, Endorsement Form, and required documents to your country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs or relevant agency.
Before selecting the submit button, scan all required documents in PDF format, log in to the MIS Online Application, and attach the documents. When the submission process is finished, you will be notified via email. Although no hard copy is required for the application, please bring a hard copy of the application form and your original certificates to the interview.
You can also apply for Chinese government scholarship programs.
The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) application submission deadline is May 18, 2023. And here is the application link to apply for this program.
Other Scholarships you might be interested in giving a read from our collection;