For this article, we will cover detailed knowledge and guidance on fully funded German government scholarships. The scholarship opportunities offered and funded by the BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development), offer programs for multiple levels of education. The fully-funded German Scholarships offered by DAAD are open for application for the academic year 2022-2023 and are accepting students from all around the world.
The fully-funded German scholarships offered by DAAD, allow students to pursue their Masters/MPhil, MBA, LLM, and Ph.D. degrees from top German Universities free of cost.
These programs have a duration of 12 months, 24 months, and 36 months, depending on the degree the student pursues.
How Can I Apply?
If you are interested in pursuing any of these degrees through the fully-funded German Scholarship program, you can apply online by visiting the DAAD official website.
What Fields Does the DAAD Scholarship Program Provide?
The Fully funded German Scholarships Program allows you to pursue your Master’s/ MPhil., MBA, Ph.D. and other degrees in a wide range of fields. Some of the disciplines offered by DAAD are;
- Regional and Urban Management:
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Agriculture and Forest Sciences
- Medicine and Health-Related Sciences
- Media Studies
- Natural and Environment Sciences etc.
Before moving on, you might want to look into the following topic too:
Who Can Apply?
The eligibility criteria for applying to the DAAD scholarship program are simple. All candidates belonging to developing countries can apply for the scholarship program. The students applying for the program are required to have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably acquired in four years. The degree should also be of an appropriate field recognized by the Education Commission of Germany and should not be older than six years. Additionally, the applicants should have at least two years of professional experience in the related field.
What Are the Required Documents for Application?
A list of the required documents for applying to the DAAD scholarship program is given below:
- The application form is to be filled out completely and submitted through the official DAAD website.
- An updated CV personally signed by the applicant. Applicants are requested to use the Europass specimen form found at (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/).
- The applicants are also requested to submit a handwritten letter of motivation referring to their present occupation.
- An academic letter of recommendation is also a requisite for the application procedure. The letters are to have a letterhead, signature, and an official stamp of the Institution.
- Along with the academic letter of recommendation, a letter of recommendation from your employer is also required containing the same things as the academic letter of recommendation. (a letterhead, signature, and an official stamp along with current date).
- A confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country is required along with a guarantee of reemployment after the scholarship program.
- Language proof is also required.
- TOEFL or IELTS certification for courses in English (Note: only academic TOEFL is accepted)
- German language certification– necessary for courses taught in German.
- Copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary) and certified copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if needed) are also on the list of requisites.
What Costs Does DAAD Scholarship Program Cover?
The Scholarship Program offered by DAAD is fully-funded. This means all expenses like the Semester fee, Tuition fee, living costs, including other expenses, will be covered by the DAAD Scholarship Program 2022-2023. Some of the benefits of the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Scholarship Program are;
- getting a monthly stipend of 861 EUR monthly for graduates and 1,200 EUR monthly for doctoral students.
- Travel allowance for the Round Airfare Tickets Travels to and from Germany.
- All expenses related to the health of the applicants as well as accident insurance and personal liability insurance will be provided.
When Is the Deadline?
The deadline for applying to the Fully-funded German Scholarships program offered by DAAD for the academic year 2022-23 varies from different universities and depends on the course you are applying for. Deadlines for different universities will be posted on the official page of the DAAD Scholarship Program.
You might also be interested in these topics if you are actively applying for scholarships.