Germany being one of the best countries for pursuing higher education is introducing another scholarship scheme known as Humboldt Research Fellowship. This fully-funded German scholarship program offered for the academic year 2022-23 is accepting online applications with complete documentation. This is the perfect opportunity for those planning on pursuing their research degree from prestigious and top-notch German universities. Those waiting for German scholarship opportunities, this is just the program for you as it offers you a 6- 24 months research stay in Germany for free and to carry out your research program, so do read on!
The Humboldt Research Fellowship Scholarship is offered by the Alexander Von Humboldt Foundation with the single aim of bringing together bright minds and bringing out the potential in the group of intellectual and praiseworthy research students as well as scientists and scholars. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity allows you to conduct your research under the supervision of brilliant and renowned scholars and researchers at the German institute of your preference.
If you are interested in completing your doctoral research at one of the prestigious German universities for free, start applying now for the academic year 2022-23.
Benefits for The Humboldt Research Program Holders
- A monthly fellowship allowance will be offered of EUR 2,670 for the enrolled researchers for postdoctoral degrees.
- Traveling expenses will be taken care of for the candidates as well as for their partners (if married).
- A family allowance is also provided for 3 months.
- A free course for learning the German language is also provided.
- Individual mentoring and counseling sessions are also provided to the students.
- A study tour in Germany to give the opportunity for the students to meet fellow researchers and representatives of German companies.
- After the end of the stay, an alumni scholarship is offered.
Eligibility Criteria for Humboldt Research Fellowship
The Humboldt Research Fellowship is only offered in very few countries so consider yourself lucky if you’re from any of the following countries;
- Russian Federation
Following are all the requirements for applying to the Humboldt Research Fellowship:
- The candidate should have a doctorate or equivalent degree, obtained in less than 4 years before applying.
- Candidates with their doctorate completed in less than 6 months can apply as well.
- Knowledge of the English or German language is necessary.
- The candidate should be able to show expert’s report and mentoring agreement by the academic host.
- The candidates’ academic publications are to be submitted in the Journal form. They will be reviewed by authorities as per international standards.
- It is necessary to submit a confirmation to ensure that the research universities have the required research facilities.
- Students previously sponsored by the Humboldt Research Fellowship are ineligible.
- Students living in Germany for more than six months are ineligible.
- Candidates experienced in years of independent research can apply.
You might be interested try for another program in parallel:
The application process for Humboldt Research Fellowship
The application process for the Humboldt Research Fellowship Program is simple and consists of a few steps.
After filling the application form and attaching all necessary documents, the application form will be submitted online through the official website. The students will get a confirmation receipt after the submission. Students are also instructed to choose two hosts from Germany for reviewing the research, after which the hosts will send a personal statement to the Alexander Von Humboldt Foundation.
Documents required for the application are as follows:
- Two reviews from experts.
- Cover letter of CV.
- Candidate’s publication list.
- Certificate of Doctorate and German Language.
- Research outline.
- Acceptance letter from host professor.
- Selected Key Publications.
- Required Research Facilities Confirmation Letter.
You might want to take a look at:
The selection committee for the Humboldt Research Fellowship program is held every year in March, July, and September to review the applications. The final decision of selection is carried out by a team of around 50 experienced researchers. Candidates are selected for the research program based on following criteria:
- Academic Qualifications
- Submitted Application
- Documents of Recommendation
- Interview Performance
- Research Plan
- Career Record
- Knowledge of the Selected Topic of Research.
Common reasons for rejection are:
- Insufficient academic qualifications.
- Weak profile.
- Submission after the deadline (non-punctual attitude).
- No uniqueness.
Submission & Deadline
The submission date of applications starts from 15 March 2022, whereas the deadline is 15 October 2022, which gives you almost seven months to apply for German scholarships and make your dream come true!