Suppose you want to pursue your studies in Ireland. In that case, there is good news for you as the government of Ireland is accepting applications for the Ireland government scholarship 2024-2025. The Irish Government Scholarship 2024 is one of the excellent scholarships to study for master’s and Ph.D. degrees for international students worldwide.
Read Also: Scholarships In Hungary
Read Also: Tuition-Free Universities in Belgium
Ireland Scholarship 2024 is funded by the Department of Education for international students in Ireland. The Government of Ireland postgraduate scholarship program 2024-2025 is highly competitive. Successful applicants who become scholars under this program are recognized as world-class future researchers.
Read Also: Gates Cambridge Scholarships
Read Also: ARES Scholarships In Belgium 2024
Financial coverage: fully funded
Degree level: Master’s and PhD degree
Deadline: 24th March 2024
Sponsored by: Government of Ireland
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program 2024-2025
Ireland scholarship 2024-2025 is an excellent opportunity for postgraduates to pursue their degree in Ireland, covering maximum financial and academic expenses. These postgraduate research scholarships in Ireland are open for the following degree programs mentioned with the scholarship duration.
Read Also: Erasmus Mundus scholarship
Read Also: Linnaeus University Scholarship
- Two years for structured research MS degree
- One year for master’s research degree
- three years for a simple doctoral degree
- Four years for the structured doctoral degree
Scholarships offer by Irish government.
Below are some scholarships for international postgraduate students, including research scholarships.
- Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarships
- NUI Galway International Student Scholarships
- Trinity College Dublin Scholarships
- Maynooth University Scholarships
- University College Dublin Global Excellence Scholarships
- University College Cork Global Excellence Scholarships
- The Walsh Fellowships
- Fullbright Scholarships
- DCU Taught Master’s Program award.
- Open study/research award and many more
Universities of Ireland offering scholarships.
Following are the names of the universities offering scholarships.
- Atlantic Technological University
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Dublin Dental Hospital
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Marino Institute of Education
- Mary Immaculate College
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Art and Design
- National College of Ireland
- RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Royal Irish Academy
- Royal Irish Academy of Music
- Southeast Technological University
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Galway
- University of Limerick
Courses available for postgraduate degree
- Social Science
How to apply
Potential applicants should read the call documentation carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant and supervisor forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
Read Also: What Jobs Are In Demand In Switzerland
Strategic funding partners
Several government departments and agencies partner with the Irish Research Council to support the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programmed as a mechanism to deliver on shared national objectives. The Irish Research Council’s strategic funding partners for 2024 are:
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth
- Department of Foreign Affairs
- Met Éireann
Eligibility criteria for an Irish Government scholarship 2024
You must fulfill the following criteria to apply for the Ireland Government Scholarship 2024.
- Applicants must be non-EU nationals.
- Excellent communication skills
- Should be good in extracurricular activities.
- Possess a strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how GOI-IES fits into their longer-term goals.
- Final-year students with bachelor’s Degrees can also Apply For this Scholarship.
- For a master’s should have a bachelor’s degree
- Should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree for Ph.D.
- The Irish Research Council does not require IELTS/TOEFL
Read More : Switzerland for Indian Students
Read More: How to study abroad in Switzerland
Benefits of Ireland Government Scholarship 2024-2025
The Ireland government scholarship for international students (GOI-IES) will reflect its commitment to advance education. For both international and domestic students. The following are the benefits of scholarships.
- A stipend of €19,000 per annum is given to a selected student.
- The student will receive research expenses of €3,250 per year.
- Free Registration Fee
- Full Tuition Fee Waiver
Read More: Spain Government Scholarships
Read More: Study in Belgium Without IELTS
Documents required for Irish scholarship 2024-2025
These are the documents required to apply for the Irish government scholarship 2024-2025
- Academic transcripts.
- Valid Passport.
- Offer letter.
- Reference letters.
For further details about Irish government scholarships, click here [official link]
The Government of Ireland postgraduate scholarship program 2024 is unique in the Irish research landscape because this program has had an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. Successful awardees under this program are recognized as demonstrating world-class potential as future researchers.
Read Also: Belgium student visa success rate
Read Also: International universities in Switzerland